Sunday, July 18, 2010

French Teachers in NZ

I am very lucky as a French teacher in New Zealand as our network ( French teacher network) is well developped.


We have a website where we can find all sorts of resources and where we can find the latest news e.g. a new change in NCEA - by the time we finish reading this post, approximatively 23 changes would have occurred to NCEA French!!

If it was not for French.ac.nz it would be very hard for me to keep up with all that. The website is done in such a way that it is one stop shop. I do not need to waste my precious time looking for details, everything is under the same roof. From resources for my Year 10 to practice assessment, I will always find something useful.

Who create all those resources?? it is us, us French teachers. We can easily upload resources we have made for others to enjoy in the country. It is as easy to also share a link of a website we find useful.

Each week, French teachers in NZ receive by email a newsletter in which they can find the latest resources and ideas which have been uploaded.

It helps to keep an eye on what is new and on how other teachers teach French in the whole country. I am the only French teacher at school and sometimes one can feel alone, but not anymore with French.ac.nz

Pascale Hyboud-Peron is the website administrator and is doing a fantastic job with it. I hope that she realises how much her work helps teachers in NZ . French teachers from other countries should have a look at it and see what can be achieved

No comments:

Post a Comment